Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Ang Tagapagligtas natin, si Jesus Christ

Dear Family and Friends,

 Merry Christmas! It is so wonderful to have this opportunity to remember Jesus Christ this season, in our thoughts, and especially in our deeds. I hope that you have found joy in serving and showing God's love to others these past few weeks of December! Truly the greatest happiness in life is found in doing good and being Christlike, no matter the opposing messages the world constantly sends. I am so grateful for the Savior's example in how to live a joyful, peace filled life.

 During His mortal life, Jesus was renown for the many miracle He performed by the power and love of God. During my mission and especially the last week, I have seen the continuation of His many miracles in my own life and work as a missionary. Elder Garcia and I were able to baptize one of the people we've been working with, Steven Abubo! He is only 9 years old, but the happiness on his face during and after his baptism was very sweet to me. Joy and Jason, the young couple we have been teaching, have committed to get married (even though they don't know exactly how and when) because they truly believe in the message of the Restored Gospel. Elder Garcia and I found a new person to teach, Mark, who honestly wants to find the truth. Our long time investigator, Sister Sheina finally came to church again after a roughly 6 week hiatus! These are but a few of the many wonderful works of God in my life here and now. I am looking forward to seeing what miracles the Lord will provide for me as His weak, but striving servant.

 Christmas Eve and Day in the Philippines has proven to be full of much fried chicken, sweet spaghetti, rice cake and loud noises. There's literally a tornado warning signal that sounds across all of Agoo every hour, on the hour (but of course there's no tornado...it's just for the sound :P). I'm fairly sure I've already eaten my body weight, and will probably do so again before the day is over. The people here are incredibly hospitable, friendly and welcoming, always willing to invite you into their homes and feed you. That's something that I hope to take home with me as much as possible. Although there may not be any snowball fights and my Christmas tree is one foot tall, Christmas is still Christmas no matter where you are. Please enjoy this holiday no matter where you are, what you are doing, or who you are with! My love goes out to you, and I pray that you will find happiness on this Christmas day!


 Love, Elder Dickison

 Pictures:
1) A picture from Steven's Baptism. :)
2) The Abominable Snowman followed me from America!
3) There are missionary Legos...? All the things I never knew.. :P




No comments:

Post a Comment

A Brief Testimony

Dear Friends and Family,        The last couple of weeks have been very busy and full of lots of unexpected things, but life is never bori...