Monday, December 10, 2018

Dumating ang Binyag namin!

Dear Family and Friends,

    It has been a very busy week here in Agoo, but a really awesome week as well! After many small miracles and blessings from God over the past several weeks, we were finally able to baptize Sister Maria Cardona! (turns out her proper name is Maria...not Marianne...) Watching Sister Cardona's testimony evolve from doubt into skepticism into interest into belief into real faith has been amazing! Not matter how unsure she was at first, the Spirit of God has borne an absolute witness to her heart that the restored gospel of Jesus Christ is once again found on the earth. The strength of the testimony that she shared after her baptism has strengthened my own faith and desire to go find more people to bring unto Christ!
     Preparation for Sister Cardona's baptism consumed a lot of our time this week, but there is no such thing as a boring week here. Yesterday for example, Elder Garcia and I briefly attended a funeral gathering with several of the people we are teaching. (They are all relatives, and the man who passed away was a grandfather or father to basically all of them.) Having never been to a Filipino funeral service before, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. What I discovered was, well...interesting. There was much domino playing, smoking, sort-of-partying and a very loud squealing pig that was slaughtered on-site. 8| Needless to say I was not quite prepared for what I found, but it was a neat experience witness a different kind of celebration than I've seen before. I definitely love the people here in the Philippines, no matter how different their customs are to my own native way of doing things. They are by and large an incredibly humble, happy and friendly people, and I feel very blessed to be here working in this part of the Lord's vineyard.
     Anyways, I'm so happy that I have this opportunity to serve God and do His work. As it is in all parts/stages of life, there are hard days to, but I know that I am at least trying my best to do what the Lord wants for me, and that is all that matters. Many thanks for your friendship, love and prayers! May the Lord bless each of you in all you good goals and works! Know that He loves you without conditions, and I am praying for you! Take care!

Love, Elder Dickison

 Pictures:
1) A captured crane (bird, not machine) that we found. Definitely haven't seen one of those in Utah...
2) Sister Maria Cardona's baptism
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Brief Testimony

Dear Friends and Family,        The last couple of weeks have been very busy and full of lots of unexpected things, but life is never bori...