Monday, November 5, 2018

Super Bagyo Strikes Again

fDear Family and Friends,

     Thank you so much for the good examples you have been to me and for my treasured memories of the time I have spent with each of you! I love serving the Lord in the Philippines, and I am so grateful to be here! Sometimes though, in moments of exhaustion or when my patience is being tested, it's nice to have a foundation of good memories to remember to reassure me that I am not going crazy. 
     The past week has been a little bizarre work-wise. We had zone conference, a follow up training for me, and a "maintain your health" training from our new mission nurse. This meant a lot of time traveling on a bus, and less time out doing normal missionary work than I would have liked. But, all of the training were very uplifting and instructive, so I am grateful that my mission cares about supporting and helping its missionaries. 
     Our two "golden" people, Mariane and Shiena are both continuing to progress towards baptism very well. They both have tons of questions and love learning truth, and it is such a blessing that the Spirit has touched their hearts. Hopefully Mariane will be baptized of the 24th of November, and hopefully I am actually here in Agoo to see it! I am also hoping and praying that with continued dilligence, we will find more such prepared people and help them discover the joy of the gospel for themselves.
     After a few weeks of no rain (really weird for Agoo), we've been informed that there is yet another super typhoon hurdling through the sky towards us. (Yay...?) This means we won't be able to work tomorrow, and we will have to stay inside all day again... Sayang! More importantly, the Filipino people are very much in need of prayers right now. Many of them live in literal shacks held together by string, a few nails, spit and prayers. If you could please remember to include them in you prayers, I would be very grateful. Hopefully the damage will be minimal, but gigantic storm are usually hard to predict.
     Thank you again for all you have done for me, and I hope the coming week has amazing things in store for you! Take care, and enjoy life!

Love, Elder Dickison

Pictures!
1) I finally found a Filipino snake! It was pretty small and just slithered away...but hey, one snake is better than no snake, right?
2) In the Philippines, legitimate American hamburgers only exist at McDonalds. The infamous "Red Burger" restaurant in Agoo may not produce American burgers, but you definitely get your money's worth (an explosion on a plate). :P
3) It's difficult to see, but the man in the picture is actually washing a rooster...in the same water he is using to wash his clothes....   Only in the Philippines. :P
4) Elder Dickison attempts to improve his selfie skills. Needs work.





No comments:

Post a Comment

A Brief Testimony

Dear Friends and Family,        The last couple of weeks have been very busy and full of lots of unexpected things, but life is never bori...