Friday, June 8, 2018

Day 3- I'm Alive!

 Friday, June 1st, 2018

I'm still alive! :P I haven't died since yesterday! But more than that, I am actually doing pretty amazingly well.  The first few days here have been a pretty crazy whirlwind. Apparently things are supposed to get calmer and more organized in the coming week, but thus far the schedule has been all over the place. Honestly, I think the missionaries would be better off if they were on a normal schedule their first week and then they started throwing other meetings in...but what do I know? :P  

After parting ways with (the family) I found myself in a classroom with an MTC teacher, Brother Hill, rattling off nothing but Tagalog at me. It really was like the first day of German class all over again. My district continued to file in, until we had all of us- 3 sister companionships, my Elder companionship and an Elder trioship. Apparently trios are much more popular than I thought, since I think I see about 50 or so trioships every day. My companion's name is Elder Wilder and we get along quite well; he's willing to work, thoughtful, and patient.

 The food honestly reminds me quite a bit of the cafeterias at USU...not mind blowing, but not the elementary cafeterias either. I haven't gotten sick from it yet, but only time will tell. We did get to attend the temple this morning, and I got to see the final temple movie that I was missing out on before. It was wonderful to be in the temple again so soon. 

The language study has been intense. There's a huge list of words to memorize and Brother Hill has wasted no time in throwing confusing grammar concepts at us...but I still have faith that I'll be able to learn the language one day at a time. Thus far, I have loved the spiritual strength and peace I feel.


Thank you again for your messages!

Love, Elder Dickison

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Brief Testimony

Dear Friends and Family,        The last couple of weeks have been very busy and full of lots of unexpected things, but life is never bori...